As the title says - this is what I have been doing in my holidays.... apart from 4 days in bed with a nasty tummy bug. A whole lot of hard work and elbow grease. NOW before we go to the pics of the before and afters, we did not revamp our bathroom with new fittings etc no way could we afford to do that bathrooms are an expensive item indeed so it is a paint and color makeover to make it presentable and easier to keep clean. When we moved into this old place we did paint and pull up carpet etc in most of the rooms but the bathroom has forever remained in the too hard basket or "we ran out of steam" basket LOL. This old place was rented out for many many years, mainly to students - so you can imagine the state of most of the rooms when we brought it, some rooms they had stood back and flicked paint with a paint brush to get the effect that they wanted, psychedelic but in browns and yellows Eeeeeeeeeeek,.
So onto the bathroom, the before pics I have taken with no shame LOL........ messy as heck as we had already started to setup and sand and fill in there when I started taking photos, you will notice the polka dots on the walls, well this was a special paint to cover rust and other "things" that were on the wall that a painter friend gave to me, brilliant stuff but boy what a shit to cover up, a few coats of undercoat went on those ceilings and walls. Also the nasty lino on the floor is coming up but we left it there while we painted - I have managed to get about one third of it up so far but it will take a while to get it all lifted as it is well glued down - but nice wooden floorboards underneath.
Before - OMG ...... look at the polka dots LOL I went a bit berserk with this paint - as you do - the colour on the walls was that green/blue/teal colour they used to have in hospitals - I figure that the bathroom has never been touched before and was pretty original as I went down to bare walls when sanding at times - yes I know the vanity is ugly but it has to stay for now. This is actually quite a large room for a bathroom with lots of wall by the bath which will need some art or something to break it up a bit.
Next pics of the progress being made heaps of undercoat on walls already noticing a difference - lots of days of prep work involved before even getting to the painting stage as you can see from the above pics - ahh polka dots getting covered - that was a mission
In this photo you can see the floorboards - still some glue etc on the floor but I shall worry about getting that up later on will be a bit at a time job as its well glued
Starting to cut in the paint color ready to roll the main walls - YES IT IS COLOUR - this house needs colour its not a white or cream type of house being old and a bit bitsy piecy and colour hides a multitude of sins hehe
You will notice the handrails by the shower - we put these in when we had my mum living with us to help her get into the shower from the wheelchair - we decided to leave them there as who knows we may need them ourselves one day.
TA DA THE FINISH - There is still things to do like putting the towel rails back up and the walls need something - and of course I have not yet got all the lino up, but mostly done thank goodness
One final before and after pic together just for reference