Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sewing Weekend for my gadgets



Yep I am a gadget girl, I even like looking at tools in the hardware shop - you never know what they can be used for I love it.  Before I went on my awesome trip to Australia I went and treated myself to an IPad2 and a Kindle, (I already told you I love gadgets LOL) sooo this weekend I decided I needed a nice case for my IPad, one of a kind type of course.   I found a tutorial online which looked pretty great and also had instructions for a zipper (my first time for a zipper OMG)

Yesterday I made the below and it was a great tutorial - I struggled with the pocket and inner lining when turning out and then after finishing found that I had the batting in where the pocket inner was OMG....so this morning it got unpicked and fixed.  (am I not a good girl)

 Unfortunately when I went to put my IPad into the cover it was just a wee bit too snug for me as I have the snap on lid (as above in a nice lime green) which made all the difference in fit.   Sooooo I decided to make my own IPad cover and went ahead and made a pattern utilizing part of the zip tutorial from above as I understood that LOL..... but decided didn't want the hassle of the lining having to be sewn to the top and then pulled out etc so did it my way (isn't that a song)..  

Below are my two covers - I have my kindle in the one I made yesterday a bit roomy for it but that's ok it works and its protected and also room for the USB cord, and on the right is my IPad cover which my IPad fits into just nicely with a tad of room for movement - which makes me feel more comfortable about no pressure on the screen, THESE THINGS ARE EXPENSIVE - Treat them with love and care he he...... can you tell I love mine ......

The zipper I had left at home was a large one with big teeth and my machine was not a happy puppy but heck this is prototype stuff it needs to get over it LOL...... I will change things a bit next time - refine it a bit - but am happy with the ease it went together especially with the zip pocket.   I cant seem to get an accurate pic of the colours though I tried two cameras and the Ipad but the material just doesn't seem to want to photograph nicely.  Its actually a gorgeous teal blue with lime green and yellow......











4 comments:

  1. Okay...this must be a trick, you being a GADGET GIRL and all. Lol, I posted a comment, I thought and then it just showed blank...lol... Okay then, Your covers are great and you ROCK!

    hugzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done clever girl, they look terrific.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your persistence paid off and I am sure you will get a lot of use out of them. Well done! Regards, Nessie

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are great Sharon,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete