Sunday, July 4, 2010

Black Bean Brownie/Cake

For those of you who don't know, I normally try to keep to a diet of a fairly low carbohydrate food, not super restricted but I do try not to have potatoes, pasta, rice or bread on a regular basis.  I still splurge once a week or so and enjoy whatever I feel like but try to do low carb at least 70% of the time which seems to work for me in regards to weight management and health.   I still enjoy my wee treats for dessert etc but am trying to make them low carb types of things and now its winter here we do enjoy a hot pudding and full cream ice-cream for dessert some nights for a treat. 

I saw a recipe and heard a lot of comments in regard to a brownie/cake made from Black Beans instead of flour, which sounds awful to me LOL  BUT in the interests of giving things a go I made one this afternoon and to my surprise it came out as a cake which actually tasted pretty good hot (when I took just a wee bit of the side for a sneaky taste)   the instructions said it is better after being in the fridge for a few hours etc but of course I had to have a wee taste being a non believer and all.  It tasted rather yummy so I sure will be interested to see how it fares tonight with some passion fruit ice-cream with it   (it looks a bit funky cause I used baking paper inside the container and didn't bother smoothing it out - I am an instant cook fast and easy for me LOL)



3 comments:

  1. So how did it taste? Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking I am going to have to make this cake! Did you use black beans from the can?
    hugs karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi I visited your blog is very beautiful.come visit me at my blog (terradeduendes.blogspot.com)hugs.

    ReplyDelete