Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Busy Busy Busy LOL

Well I have been super busy today - first time I have got out to the sewing room for a bit and I was really hanging out to spend some time playing.  Yesterday I downloaded some really cool Quilt as you go patterns for quilts from Joy at Joypatch which looked really interesting as I have been wanting to do a quilt for my bed.  These are done with Jellyrolls which unfortunately are just far too expensive to buy here in NZ they are approx 75 - 85 dollars which is just too much.   Soooooooo  I thought heck make my own so have been cutting up 2.5 lengths of material all afternoon....... some from fat quarters which I have on hand just because I wanted to LOL and some from some fabric I had in the sewing room as I decided to use what I have for this quilt - Its just for my bed so it doesn't matter if its a bit scrappy to test out this technique.    I also cut out 5 inch squares and 4 inch squares as well as I was going along to add to the stash (cardboard box)  which I intend to fill up eventually for making scrap quilts and runners and bags.  So all in all a really busy day but productive.

Smallish pile for the quilt



Pile getting a bit bigger LOL

All Done and ready to go




Some fat quarters cut up



Box which I intend to fill up as I go with all the fat quarters which have been just sitting in the room for ages 


First panel with the backing and batting together ready to add the 2.5 lengths to - don't look too hard at the backing -  I got half a bolt at Spotlight a while ago for 2.00 so am using up what I have for the backing as it will take a bit and I am using what I have in the sewing room for this one- I used basting spray for the first time so will be interesting to see how that goes.





7 comments:

  1. Well done...busy bee..hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been productive hey Aunty Sharon....well done....I recognise some of your quilt fabric...lol I wonder why? hee hee Hugs Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job - glad you got some time in your sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a very constructive day you had.. no wonder your back was playing up.
    Hugs
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it may only be 8 am here, but after reading this I think I need to go back to bed! Whew!!! Pretty fabrics, though! Gonna check out that method you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm already tired from reading your blog. However, it inspires me to actually get something done myself. Think I will get into my room today. Anxious to see how to like the quilt-as-you-go method.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a lot of cutting Sharon! The fabrics look fabulous together! Going to be a lovely quilt.
    hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete