Wednesday, December 30, 2009

First Panel done on the quilt

I have modified this a bit as I found the "sew, flip and iron" method was just not working for me and was slow, so I have sewn the panel together and then put it together by stitching in the ditch on the seams of the coins.  I would rather stipple than stitch in the ditch I have to say but now I have started the coin panels like this I will continue for the rest and do a design or stipple in the plain panels in between the coin ones.       Got to say my stitch in the ditch is pretty bad, but hey this is for me on my bed so I am not unpicking (which I normally would do)........ Hard to get good pics of the whole length as this is going to be super queen size OMG....hehe






5 comments:

  1. Well all right then. Looking good. How do you find the quilt as you go deal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent...love it all..hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks brilliant, and is going together so fast, it won't take you long to make mine! lmao Hugs Naomi

    P.S. For the first time since I've been leaving comments on blogs, I've had an actual proper word....iniated! Useless trivia #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great Sharon - amazing how all the colours come together!

    ReplyDelete